Tuesday 21 August 2012

OUAT Artists Interview - Michelle Silva


What is your story about?
Hi my name is Michelle Silva, I love comics!! My story is called Lindorm King, which is a love story between a dragon prince and his servant boy.
Where did you get your ideas and inspiration for your story?
The comic was inspired by the tale "The Bride of the Lindorm King" or also known as "Lindorm Prince" the story originates from the Scandinavian region. I really wanted to do something with dragons in it and I re-adapted the tale in a modern twist.
Concept art by  Michelle Silva

What made you decide to do a story for Gurukitty Studios anthology project?
Fairy tales and folklore evoke our childhood and past.  The stories have lessons, and deal with life's challenges, but as the tales are retold the meanings and details change depending on what society made them. These morals that are depicted affect us today in modern society and how we view ourselves.  Currently I'm working on a upcoming graphic novel called, Click Track Lolita which is inspired by the "once upon a time" genre. One day while I was researching,  I stumbled across Gurukitty's project.  When I saw Gurukitty Studios was going to do a Once Upon A Time Anthology, I had to submit!

What other comics have you done? Tell us about them.
The biggest project I've worked to date is a graphic novel published by Oni Press titled Love Buzz, written by Len Wallace. Love Buzz is a college romance story about finding the right one . Some published anthology projects I've participated in would be Outlaw Territory vol. 1, Negative Burn issue. 6,  The Girls Guide to Guy Stuff, Sugar Ninjas: Spicy Book 3, and Trickster: Native American Tales.  I also publish comics digitally and have multiple mini comics which are available on my website to read for free! 
Where else can people find your work? Are you included in any other publications or a website?
I like post all over the internet but my main hangout would be my sketch blog where I post my latest art and happenings, which would be
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...